Is affiliate marketing for mom bloggers a good income strategy?
As a busy mom entrepreneur, trying to find a balance between my work and my family can be pretty tough–even now that I work for myself full-time!
Not long ago, I was working a full-time day job and trying to focus on growing my online business in the evenings but only after I tended to my family (which of course included my two rambunctious toddlers who had no chill or pause button that allowed mommy to get anything done.)
It’s an understatement to say that after a long day at work and then family time, I was often short on energy and creativity, and consequently short of productivity. Sound familiar?
I know that as entrepreneurs many of us create these grand schemes in our mind for the amazing products or services that we plan to create and sell. And there’s nothing wrong with this–actually, it’s great to plan for your success.
However, it can be very disheartening to see your income reports stuck at $0.00 each and every month because you haven’t had the time or energy to put into creating your amazing product idea–which of course means you have nothing to sell in order to earn income.
So what’s a busy working mama to do?
Busy Mom Bloggers Should Monetize With Affiliate Marketing
Yep! Promoting high-quality affiliate products (aka affiliate marketing) is one fantastic way to start to earn some income from your blog or website while you develop your own brainchild.
Affiliate marketing? Really Kari, Really? **You ask with a wrinkled brow and scrunched -up nose.** YES. REALLY.
Recently, I helped a couple of moms start their own blogs using the same service I use for my own blog. Because I’m signed up as an affiliate partner with that particular company, I received a commission payment of $240 for simply sharing a blog post about a service I use and love.
That’s $240 from one product in one month! I didn’t spend hours of time and energy on it nor did I spend bucketloads of dollars creating myself. I helped someone to help themselves. Pretty simple, right?
Imagine–What could you do with an extra $240 in your pocket. Now, imagine that amount doubling, then tripling month after month as you help more people to help themselves.
If this small example of mine is not enough to win you over, keep reading sister!
Why Busy Mom Entrepreneurs Should Be Using Affiliate Marketing
Reason #1 – Make money without creating a website
- You can promote products using an email list, your social media accounts, etc. Your own personal website is NOT MANDATORY–but if you want to create a website you can read my how to start a blog post.
Reason #2 – You don’t need a huge online following to be successful
- Even I was guilty of believing that I needed hundreds of thousands of social media followers and email subscribers to be successful in selling products, but this is simply not true. Having even a small online following can result in sales, especially if the affiliate product you are offering is very specific to your audience’s needs and solves a problem.
Reason #3 – No need to spend money on product inventory
- Affiliate marketing doesn’t require you to make any upfront purchases of products to then have to resale on your own. You’re not keeping track of inventory. You’re simply sharing a referral link that allows someone to purchase the product directly from the company.
Reason #4 – You don’t have to spend time creating your own product
- Again, as mompreneurs, we tend to be extremely short on time. Creating your very own digital product is a process that takes time. Why not make some side income promoting products that are already created, especially if it’s a product you love and use anyway?
Reason #5 – No need to worry about paying for shipping or customer service
- Dear God this is a big one! Once you start selling your own products and services, you become responsible and liable for shipping and customer service…which can become a time drain in itself. Affiliate marketing means you are hands-free in those two aspects.
The crazy thing is that it took me a while to really embrace affiliate marketing. I put it off as a primary income source because I was stuck on the notion that I needed MY OWN PRODUCT in order to be super successful.
But I need you to understand that this belief is false. You can start generating income quickly, and the reasons listed above shed light on how this is possible with affiliate marketing.
The Best Affiliate Marketing Course for Bloggers
My favorite affiliate marketing training is the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course.
I was able to increase my affiliate income by several hundred dollars per month within the first 3 months–so, of course, I was over-the-moon excited to share it with the readers of my blog!
Others have had success too:
- One blogger went from $87 a month in affiliate income before taking the course, to over $1,700 a month after!
- One blogger received their first affiliate sale just two days after taking the course (and they were a brand new blogger too!)
- Another blogger doubled their monthly affiliate income from $2,500 to $5,000
It’s one of the best money-making investments that I have made to date! It comes with some killer bonuses like a private FB group, access to a Tailwind Tribe for traffic, a bonus Pinterest Strategy Lesson, and a new FB Ads section.
This course is ridiculously affordable and you get a tone of value for the price. It teaches you what you need to know to be successful in affiliate marketing and was a worthwhile investment for me.
Give Affiliate Marketing a Try
When all is said and done, your business is not going to make money unless you take action. There are a ton of ways to monetize. I simply believe that affiliate marketing is a good way to get started.
If you’re not ready to jump into a full-blown affiliate marketing course, start with the Affiliate Marketing Income Planner instead. You check it out here:
After reading this post, I hope that you will seriously consider making affiliate marketing a part of your monetization strategy.
Did you enjoy this post about using affiliate marketing to monetize your mom blog?
You may also enjoy these: