You ever just have one of those days–or weeks or months–when it seems like EVERYTHING is spiraling downhill and there's nothing you can do about it?
This was my story just a few weeks ago–and it sucked.
Since moving to Canada in August, I've been trying–desperately–to get (and to feel) settled in my new space. I've been slowly regaining the momentum that I kind of lost with my business back in late summer due to the big move. But more importantly, I've been trying to reclaim some normalcy–or at least a new normalcy–for my family life.
In all honesty, it's been super hard. Trying to balance my expectations of myself as a wife/mom with my expectations of myself as an entrepreneur sometimes leaves me feeling like my brain might actually implode from too much thinking.
Finally, in March, I really started to feel like things were looking up. Then BAM–my website crashed and I was this close to quitting it all people. THIS CLOSE.
I seriously contemplated removing the “preneur” part of my self-proclaimed title and just being the “mom” part. That's how frustrated I was.
For four days, while my website was completely inaccessible, I went through various emotions.
- I was mad at myself for not switching my website to a different hosting company–like I had originally planned to do weeks before.
- I was furious at the hosting company for beating around the bush about the issue and then encouraging me to purchase a product that did not fix the issue.
- I was embarassed that my website went down in the midst of having a partnership conversation with an affiliate manager.
- I was confused about whether or not I even wanted to continue blogging–maybe God was giving me a sign that I was supposed to be doing something else with my time like writing about my new veganish lifestyle or focusing my kids' book business.
- Then I was back again to being pissed-off at the hosting company.
- Finally, I felt determined to grab the problem by the horns and fix it by any means necessary.
So, long story short, I picked up the broken pieces of my blog and moved everything over to SiteGround–my new hosting company. Within 24 hours, my website was back up and running, and I had a renewed sense of purpose for my business.
It's life lessons like this that make you realize that…
Sometimes it takes a little chaos to get a little clarity.
Chaos, Clarity, and Change are often unavoidable. So, I'm embracing them. Maybe even welcoming them in my life and business.
I'm in this space because I'm supposed to be helping other women and moms to overcome barriers and challenges that keep them from truly embracing their creative gifts and finding happiness. I'm here to inspire them to go for what they really want in life–no matter how big or outlandish that goal may seem…and no matter how much chaos you have to work through to get there.
Over the next few months, I will be slowly making changes to my business. These changes are the result of the clarity that I've been embracing in my life. I will briefly document these changes on my NOW PAGE in case you are interested.
For now, I simply hope that this message inspires you not to quit. Instead, continue to push through the chaos, find the clarity you need, and make the changes that are necessary for your success!